Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Night at the Theatre


Mis Healthypants and I had a great time attending our friend, Gabrielle's performance the other night. We found the theatre early in plenty of time for a nice dinner at Reza's, a Persian restaurant.

Actually, we had a feast in which we got to select three appetizers and three entrees: Baba ganoush, a cucumber salad, dolmas, then a lentil soup, Cornish game hens in pomegranate sauce, kebabs, seared scallops, dill rice and dessert. Wow.

After all the hell that's been going on with work lately, it was a breath of fresh air to do something "refined" such as a nice dinner and theatre rather than dealing with so much ugliness as I've been doing lately.

In my last entry, I mentioned that I'd write more about our friend, Gabrielle. I found the following review from the Chicago Tribune:

"An actress with exceptionally good looks, an exposed cleavage, and an amused hauteur, she is coy about her life before her male-to-female surgery, but she commands your attention every time she hits the stage." - The Chicago Tribune.

That's right. Gabrielle is pretty fascinating in that she wasn't always 'Gabrielle'. (Actually, I don't even know what her male name was). She made the final transition about fourteen years ago in her mid-twenties, having the surgery in Montreal. You can read about her story here.

Like I said before, Gabrielle is a wonderful pal and funny as hell, too.

And frankly, I don't think one can have too many friends who are funny as hell.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm glady you had such a nice time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home