Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's Almost Time!


I'm getting excited. No, not because of the elections, silly bean, but because the public ice rink at Millenium Park here in Chicago opens on November 15.

I'm excited because I love ice skating. I'm just nuts over it. I really wish I was better at it, but as it is, I can hold my own out on the rink pretty well.

The rink at Millenium Park is also very convenient to where I live and work. Last year, I'd just keep my hockey skates in my back pack and get in an hour of skating on my way home from work.

I also love ice skating because it's really about the only exercise I get. You see, I don't like to sweat. At all. But ice and winter in Chicago are usually pretty cold, thus keeping any sweat at bay.

Last year, Santa Claus brought me an Ipod for Christmas. I must have been a very good boy that year. I try. (Thanks, Mom)

Anyway, skating with an Ipod is just a slice of heaven. I made a playlist that's just perfect for skating. It alternates between kick-ass pieces and really beautiful, languid Classical things. That way, I can alternate between being Elvis Stojko and Nancy Kerrigan.

Well, in my imagination anyway. In reality, I'm a 6'3" 220 lb guy in size 11 hockey skates, so you better stay outta my way, especially when I'm trying to be Elvis or Nancy. But I adore it.

Here's my playlist: (feel free to suggest any additions!)

Donna Summer: I Feel Love
Albinoni: Largo from Concerto for Oboe in D minor
Heart: Barracuda
Enya: Orinoco Flow
Bach: Air on a G String
Janis Joplin: Get it while you can
Jefferson Airplane: White Rabbit
Vivaldi: "Winter" from The Four Seasons
Queen: Tie Your Mother Down
Handel: Ombre mai fu
Janis Joplin: Try, Just a Little Bit Harder
Vivaldi: Nisi Dominus
Heart: Kick It Out
Orff: "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana

Any suggestions on what I should add?

5 Comments:

At 5:43 PM , Blogger Elaine Wheat said...

Buck, you left off "Chariots of Fire" silly boy of mine. I can't even drive to that one or I get arrested for speeding. You speeding on the ice really scares me. What out for flying bodies. Love and Prayers, Mom

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I have a visual. I'm frightened.

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

What you should add? You should add orange cones.

 
At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really must listen to the Ave Maria (Biebl's version) as sung by Cantus. Gorgeous. Even I could skate beautifully to that (and I've never stepped into a pair of ice skates before in my life)!

Happy skating,
The Hag's Sister

 
At 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.....wear lots of pads so if you fall...you will not get hurt.We want you well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home