Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Apartment Building is a Whore


My apartment building is such a whore. Once again, it let itself be used by film production crew waving lots of money.

I'm being faceteous. It's kinda cool living in a building that's used so often for movie or commercial scenes.

I was walking to work the other morning and the whole block was inundated by a film crew. They had just driven a car off the 16th level of the parking lot and into the Chicago river below. Cool! I had gotten there after the fact, but was able to take a few snaps of the car as it was floating around in the river. I watched for a while as police boats would speed up to the car, drive away, and speed up to the car again.

The TV commercial is for Allstate Insurance Co. and is supposed to air sometime next month.

So, watch for the Allstate commercial. When you see the car fly out of the 16th level of the parking lot, you can know that I'm on the 49th floor above, oversleeping, and should have been at work.

3 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you live in a whore. *LOL* That made me laugh. :)

Hey, you can probably find a video of the car plummeting into the river on the internet somewhere. (Sorry, we accidentally deleted it for good off our Tivo!! Poo!!)

Love,

Poodle :)

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Iwanski said...

I happened to get home just in time to see it happen. They actually shot the car out like a bullet. I don't think it even had an engine in it.

Still, it was pretty cool to see.

 
At 9:47 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Your apartment building lives such a glamorous life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home