Saturday, October 14, 2006

Portia the Pianist -- See the Video Here!


For those of you who have read my previous posts, you probably recall that I'm very fond of my friend's chocolate Labrador, Portia.
Portia is probably THE most affectionate, happiest, smartest dog in the whole wide world. She just exudes a lovely, appealing spirit. Anyone who's met her can well attest to that. See her exuding in the pic? What a sweet dog she is.

When Portia's owners go out of town on vacation or business, I'd get the dog. We'd have a lovely time, chasing balls, going on walks, having me retrieve her droppings. She really is very smart and, like most Labs, responds very well to rewards.

I had taught piano for years, so I tried my hand at teaching her to play. It involved many small steps and lots and lots of treats (raw carrots are her favorite) but she was a very apt pupil.

When her owners returned from vacation, Portia was able to perform for them. As you can see, she actually does perform the same song over and over.

Next, I'll teach her to play the oboe.

Click here to watch the video.

5 Comments:

At 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, excellent. She will be at Carnegie Hall in no time.

Ed

 
At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was fun!

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Elaine Wheat said...

Buck, here I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on your music education and piano lessons and what do I get for it? You giving piano lessons to a dog. You were smiling bigger that when you played at St. Patrick's. Maybe I should have given you reward carrots for your efforts. No really, I enjoyed Poria's playing as much as I did yours because it made you happy. Love and Prayers, Mom

 
At 12:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please amend to read "the most affectionate, happiest, smartest dog in Chicago".

Thank you.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Oh. I forgot about the one in Seattle. Oops!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home