Friday, May 29, 2009

Eating Unhealthy

The other day, I wrote about how healthy I eat.

Now I feel as though I must come clean about that. You see, last Thursday I had to fill in for one of my staff and work at one of the (un)employment centers all day. I never eat breakfast (which is unhealthy) and you can imagine how busy these (un)employment centers are. So, I didn’t get any lunch either.

When I got off the train near my apartment, I was ravenous.
Grrrrr.
There’s a place in downtown Chicago called Ronny’s that has fantastic hamburgers. Ronny’s is also connected to the train station where I got off, so it’s ever so convenient. . . . A hamburger and fries would sure hit the spot. . .

Well, I’ll have you know that I did NOT get a hamburger and fries.

I walked right out of that place with a double cheeseburger and fries instead. And when I got home, I slathered it with extra mayonnaise.

But it was vegan mayonnaise so that makes it all okay.

Last night, I was moving things into my new apartment and didn’t have anything to eat in my old apartment. There’s a quicky-mart in the lobby of my building that’s ever so convenient. I bought a Tombstone pepperoni pizza.

But I only ate half of it.

I’ll have the other half tonight.

The thing is, I often get a burger and fries from Ronny’s. If it’s dinnertime and I’m coming out of that train station, I usually hit Ronny’s.

Same thing with the Tombstone pizza from the quicky-mart in the lobby.

Okay, I feel better now that I’ve come clean about that.

Now I need to jog to Minneapolis and back.

6 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Blogger Al In The County said...

Its okay. Vegan mayonaisse made the whole thing vegan, and therefore healthy.

You just gotta know the rules...

 
At 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually eating unhealthy a couple nights a week is actually healthy lol.

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Sling said...

I've read studies that suggest that if you are going to have a hamburger,it's better for you to have a cheeseburger!
..all that extra calcium and protien and such makes it the more healthy choice...Really.

 
At 3:04 AM , Blogger Speck said...

A hamburger is really just a small salad with two really big croutons...and a cup of lard.

 
At 4:10 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Al - I'm glad you're on board with the vegan mayo -- it's really great stuff.

Peasticks - I'm biginning to agree with you. A deep dish pizza per week keeps everything in perspective.

Sling - Yes, calcium and extra protein are good things.

Speck - Actually, I hate lettuce on burgers or sandwiches. Lettuce makes them too sloppy to eat. So there's that.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dooder, you can try my new Wii exercise game--after working out yesterday, I can barely walk today!! I guess it works! *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home