Thursday, July 12, 2007

Raw Oysters and a Turtle

Miss Healthypants and I met for dinner last night at The Fried Oyster Place again. (Henceforth called The Raw Oyster Place). This time, we were accompanied by our good friends, Liane and her husband, Frank. Both Liane and Frank enjoy good food and are wonderful friends and restaurant companions. Liane certainly knows her way around a kitchen and comes up with incredible food ideas. Every time we meet, I ask her what she's come up with lately and I'm always surprised, if not salivating.

I got my half-dozen raw oysters again.
and I noticed on the menu that there was an item called 1-2-3 Soup Bowl. It turns out that's a soup sampler consisting of little bitty bowls of:

1. Gumbo
2. Soup of the day (spicy white bean soup this time)
3. Turtle stew

Turtle stew?
Sure! Why not?From right to left, couter clockwise:
Gumbo, Spicy navy bean, Turtle stew

It was terrific. One couldn't tell it from beef, actually, and I couldn't detect any wierd or turtle-y taste in it. The stew had a smokey flavor, no doubt from a chipotle influence that one encounters everywhere these days (not that I'm complaining, mind you).

Miss Healthypants, much to my surprise, tried the turtle stew and liked it.
Everyone, much to my relief, stayed away from my raw oysters.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Look in your bag. And right next to the computer. Silly man.

I so want some fried green tomatoes now.

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Kyle said...

I bought a can of turtle soup once. Don't.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home