Friday, July 06, 2007

"Sniff . . . "

I just trotted home on my lunch break to say good-bye to Lorraine, The Child and The Spouse. Now that they have a good bit of Chicago in them, they're able to negotiate the Orange Line to Midway airport by themselves, duly confident of their whereabouts. They'll probably even be able to provide directions to any tourist who asks for them.

I can't begin to say what fun and wonderful people they are. They will be missed.
It feels strange. My life feels a bit Lorraine-less, Child-less and Spouse-less.
But now, so many sights and restaurants around Chicago will forever and hereafter be imbued with Lorraine-ness, Child-ness and Spouse-ness. (Especially my Balcony of Terror as JP refers to it).
And that's as it should be.

Here's some advice. Go over to Lorraine's sites. Get to know her.
You'll be a better person with some Lorraine-ness in your life.
Believe me.

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree, dooder! I woke up this morning feeling sad, too! Isn't it incredible that we've only met these people in person a week ago?!

Sigh...

-MHP :)

 
At 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas Fam Update: They successfully negotiated the El, made it to the airport (Lorraine just called me), their flight is on time (so far), and I'm picking them up when they get in.

Glad you guys enjoyed 'em, but I'm glad to have 'em back!

Now it's your turn - plan your trips to Seattle soon so I can get in on the fun!

xo nayb

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Stop it. You're gonna make me blubber.

Words cannot express how grateful we are to you for the superfantastic time and how much we all love all y'all. Seriously.

I woke up in the middle of the might and thought I was in your apartment. And when I got up I soooo wanted to have my coffee on the Balcony of Terror. Man, I miss that view as much as I thought I would...

And what the Neighb said. Get your asses out here.

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

I miss them too sniff sniff

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home