Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Spam and Poutain at Burger King

I just read where Burger Kings in Hawaii are using Spam in their breakfast items in order to appeal to Hawaiians who seem to love the stuff.
It reminded me of the Burger Kings in Canada. They serve a concoction called "Poutain" which is actually (are you ready for this?)
French fries
with cheese curds
covered with brown gravy.
I had forgotten all about Poutain. You actually have to ask for plain fries at Burger Kings in Toronto. Otherwise, you'll get Poutain.
I'll bet Iwanski is salivating already.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

IN 2000, a reporter tricked George W. Bush into congratulating "Canadian Prime Minister Poutain" on his election victory.

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger John said...

That SPAM sounds real good (a true favorite of mine) but I think I'll skip that poutain. I ain't much for fancy, forigen dishes.

Huggs' etc...

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

We have a friend who is from Hawaii and she LOVES Spam. She makes Spam sushi for our trailer trash party. I'm so not kidding.

The poutain, though, that just put me off my feed for a week. Thank you. I've got 5 pounds to lose by the 30th.

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Cartoon Characters said...

um. I have NEVER seen Poutain served at a Burger King and I live in Canada.....BC...the other side of Canada....

 
At 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's "poutine."

I doubt that BK serves French prostitutes.

I also live in Canada and have never been to a BK or anywhere else that gives you poutine (i.e. free curds and gravy) when you ask for fries.

 
At 7:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had some poutine recently. . . and i must say it was pretty darn awesome, even more surprising considering i expect what i had to be a poor recreation of what the real stuff must be like. . . i need to get to canada. . *salivates

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home