Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Workin' it

As you may recall, I joined a gym about three weeks ago.

New here's the weird part:

I've actually been going there! (Guinness and Ripley, take note).

Well, at first, I didn't until Miss Healthypants said she'd go with me my first time. She's the first person in Chicago to ever see me in a pair of shorts. (She should feel honored).

I was excited that MHP was going with me to the gym the first time because I thought she'd be able to show me how to work all the machines.

As it turns out, she'd never set foot in a gym before so it was the blind leading the blind. We were both befuddled with everything. Our major triumph was figuring out how to turn on the TV on the treadmill. (And turn it off).

Oh my god! They've got some scary looking weight machines in that place! There are these big, black, steel monstrosities that look like Sigourney Weaver should be battling with them on a space ship or something. Some of them frighten me and I won't go near them yet.

I don't like it when the guys (and some women) attack the big punching bags. That just seems so unnecessary. There's enough violence in this country; I don't need to be around it while on the stair-climbing thing.

But I've been going to the gym. I even got up at 6:00 am this morning and worked out before work. And I am definitely not a morning person.

I much prefer getting up at the crack of noon.


I'm realistic. I know I won't end up looking like a bodybuilder or even an athlete for that matter. If I can just halt the increasing resemblence to Hank Hill, I'll have achieved my goals.

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

But it was gonna be so cool. You were gonna be Hank and I was be Bill Dauterive.

Smash the dream to pieces, why don't you?

 
At 12:11 AM , Blogger Red Seven said...

Excellent -- I exercise about two or three times a week ... I still haven't reached the point where exercise feels good, but I am at the point where not exercising eventually feels bad -- if that makes any sense. A good playlist on the iPod helps.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home