Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Urban Gorilla

Yesterday after work, I was going to take the subway, north from downtown to the Belmont station.

I headed into the Lake Street station and it was jam-packed. I've never seen it so full! Turns out, they were all baseball fans heading up north to the Cubs game. This was evidenced by the plethora of baseball gloves, Cubs attire, face paint, and beer.

A train pulled in but it was already packed with fans heading to Wrigley Field. No one could get on. Then another train pulled in and it was the same situation.

So, being a clever little urban gorilla, I hopped on a southbound train which was practically empty. I rode it past three downtown stations where everyone was waiting to go north. Once I got past downtown (which took about five minutes) I hopped across to a northbound train which had yet to fill up with Cubs fans.

I got a nice seat and was comfortably reading my book when we pulled back into the Lake Street station where everyone was still waiting.

Sports fans! They know nothing.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Me sports fan. Me not know how to ride train. Me scratch self inappropriately.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home