Thursday, March 08, 2007

Celtic, Schmeltic

I was in a nice bookstore the other day because some nice friends (The Iwanskis) had given me a gift card for this place. I won't say the name the bookstore because that would be indiscreet.

It was Border's.

Okay, well anyway, I always take a peek in the "Spirituality" section just to keep up-to-date on the current spiritual fad-du-jour.

All I have to say is, "What's up with all this Celtic shit???"

Oh my god! Everything was Celtic-this and Celtic-that. Apparently, somebody figured out that if you put the word Celtic on anything, someone will snatch it right up.

There were books and CD's with vomit-inducing names like Celtic Reflections and Under the Celtic Moon and Celtic Zephyrs.

I'll bet that the customers who buy these things are the same ones who say to their dates, "Like, I'm not religious, but I'm, like, spiritual."

("Umm, NO. You're just hung way too over to get your sorry butt to church on Sunday morning. And for god's sake, stop using the word "like" as a discourse marker!")

When did this Celtic craze begin? Who started this?

Did Enya have anything to do with it?

I wonder what other kind of Celtic crap people would fall for?

I'll bet "Carb-free Celtic scones" would be a huge hit at Starbucks. What about "Celtic Colonics?" They'd be beating down the door to that place. OOooo! I could start a new religion that would combine Celtic spirituality with Kabbalism. Britney Spears and Madonna would salivate and give me lots of money.

If I put "Celtic Spirituality" on my blog label, will my reader count skyrocket?

What the hell. I'm going to be a total blog-whore and use all these labels. This'll be fun.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

I'm going to do the celtic laundry now.

(You're right. Sounds somehow better.)

 
At 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*LOL* Funny blog, dooder!! :)

Love,

Poodle :)

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I tried to read "Anam Cara", which is all about Celtic spirituality. My brain froze. Although I do like Celtic prayers.

I also like Celtic coffee, Celtic hamburgers and Celtic dish soap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home