Thursday, February 15, 2007

The most beautiful song I've ever heard

Boy, I've backed myself into a corner on that one.

But I came across this movement of an oboe concerto by the Italian composer, Albinoni, and thought it was just about the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. If not the most beautiful, then certainly the most poignant.

It sounds like it should be playing as the ending credits roll on a Merchant Ivory film starring Juliet Binoche.

Take a listen, sigh pensively while gazing out of a window while thinking of your first love, and let me know what you think. Click here

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger Red Seven said...

I'm listening to it right now. VERY Merchant-Ivory; good call there. It doesn't quite outrank "Polegnara E Todora" as sung by the Bulgarian State Radio & Television Female Vocal Choir as the most sublime noise ever to reach my ear -- but it does come close.

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Gorgeous indeed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home