Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Life on Tivo

You know, there are times in my life where I could just "Tivo" ahead to the good stuff. Like right now while unemployed, just fast-forward, "b'doop, b'doop, b'doop!" to the part where I have a nice salary and can buy Stilton cheese at Whole Foods Market whenever I want.

Or where I could "b'doop!" to View Recording History and erase most segments of my last job:

Nasty clients - "cleared"
Incompetent management - "cleared"
Using my cell phone for work - "cleared"

Clear, clear, clear until you hear that tympani go "bawm!" and everything's wiped out.

I could also add really fun keywords to my Wish List like "self employed" and "bestseller" and "lose 20 pounds".

Yes, I love my Tivo. What a great metaphor for life.

"b'doop, b'doop, b'doop!"

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger Red Seven said...

Wouldn't that be great. I find that after two years of Tivo, I resent the fact that I can't rewind my radio when I wasn't paying attention to the morning traffic report.

It truly is the best ... invention ... ever.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Very cute. And having acknowledged the cuteness thereof I am going to suggest that you embrace this time because it's the time you've been given. The Stilton will returned. Maybe, hint hint, this time could be used to get started on that best seller...

 
At 2:55 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Eric, you're right I could never live without Tivo. My first one broke and I was at Best Buy that very night buying a replacement.

Lorraine - you've got a great idea there. Sigh. As always.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home