Friday, January 19, 2007

I Heart The Container Store

Living in a wonderful little studio apartment on the 49th floor in downtown Chicago often calls for ingenuity as far as creative space is concerned and I think I've recently done a bit of that. Ingenuity, that is.

My little hallway closet has been doubling as my kitchen pantry for the past two years. And you know, while I was swinging open that huge door for the ump-teenth time, I finally realized that I could pile that door with shelves!

I must've seen one of those home-decorating shows while I was napping or something. The next thing you know, I was on-line with containerstore.com and got all sorts of ideas. Who knew they had all these appealing ways to re-do your living space!

I found me a nearby Container Store and hopped on the Red Line subway quicker'n you can say "cinder-blocks!"

Those folks at the Container Store are awfully helpful. Within half'n hour I was back on the Red Line with a steel door-track and six shelves to-boot. It was a good thing I had a hammer to bash things with, 'cause those plastic supporters don't go into the door real easy like the directions say they do.

By the way, make sure of what kind of pantry door you have. Apparently there are two types: The regular kind and the solid-door kind.

Anyway, I got my pantry all shelved, re-shelved and re-organized. Isn't this a sight to be seen? There's even a spice rack. And see that teensy-weensy itty bitty space where I have my saffron? Click on the pic. It's there, trust me.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

OK, couldn't find the saffron but at least now I know where to look when the time comes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home