Friday, September 01, 2006

Just Messin' Around

It was such a purdy day today. The anti-depressant I'd finally remembered to take after three days finally kicked in, so I was merrily walking to work. Chirp Chirp. (birds singing) I gave a friendly wave at a tourist bus.

There were these fervent young people out in full force, asking pedestrians to sign a petition for some environmental cause. I approached a pair of them and our conversation went like this:

JW: (that's me) "Hey, ya know what's fun to do? See how many people will sign a petition to remove dihydrogen oxide from Lake Michigan."

Ugly Girl: "We're asking people to sign this petition to . . .

JW: You didn't get it, did you?

Cute Guy: I don't understand . . .

JW: Do you know what dihydrogen oxide is?

UG: No, but we'd like you to sign. .

CG: That's, um, . . . H . . 2 . . . O

JW: Very good! I'll bet you'd be surprised to see just how many people will sign up to remove it. It'll be fun.

UG: We'd like you to sign this . . . .

JW: Have a nice day!

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

You're evil.

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Kyle said...

My, but the little pills seem to be working... :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home