Friday, August 25, 2006

My New Neighbors


Recently, I posted that there's a new 81-story condo being constructed across the street from my apartment building. That's exciting. I love architecture and skyscrapers.

On the other side of my building will be Donald Trump's new 94-story building. It's already about twenty floors tall. That's even more exciting.

But wait! There's more!

Just a few blocks down, construction is due to begin on the Fordham Spire. Already being referred to as "the drill-bit building," it will be - - are you ready for this - - one hundred twenty four stories! The building itself will be 1,600 feet tall and the spire will bring it to 2,000 ft., 224 feet taller than the mimsy Freedom Tower in New York.
Chicago rocks.

(Note to self: Take bundt cake to new neighbors)

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I heart architecture. I heart watching new buildings go up. Except for the dust, noise and traffic issues. Still.

 
At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Lorraine, but something about that spire just bothers me. It doesn't belong in the Chicago skyline. Buildings should look like buildings.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home