Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Cat Circus??

Miss Healthypants and our friend, Diane, have talked me into doing something I never thought I’d ever be doing.

On Saturday, we’re attending a Cat Circus.

You read that correctly - - a Cat Circus.

(Iwanski isn’t going. I am)

We tried to attend a few months ago, but are you ready for this? - -

. . . It was sold out!

When I told my dad about it, he said, “You mean like lions and tigers?”

“No, Dad. Like pussycats . . . . House cats,” I replied.

Diane and Miss Healthypants are awfully excited over it, especially since we missed out the last time the Cat Circus came to town.

I’m sure you’re wondering what takes place at a Cat Circus.

Well, so am I!

Will there be a couple of trapeze artists tossing a cat between them, somersaulting it through the air with the greatest of ease?

Will there be cat clowns or feline acrobats?

Will they shoot a tabby cat out of a cannon?

These are all questions I’m willing to get to the bottom of. So, I'm going to the Cat Circus on Saturday.

At least I will be with good friends. That’s the main thing.

I will keep you all posted.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

wha!?! this - wait - omg - are you for serious? ridiculous. kinda awesome. yes, I require details. maybe even pictures? sold out? wow. I'm going to be giggling all night long.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Sfoofie - - - why don't you take the train down, I'll pick you up at the station and you can attend with us!

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Bob said...

Thanks a lot!
This:
"Will they shoot a tabby cat out of a cannon?"
caused me to spit coffee through my nose!

 
At 9:29 AM , Anonymous Bro said...

I googled them and got this...they ride skateboards, roll barrels, ring bells, push carts, walk the high wire, climb ropes, jump through hoops, and more! The cats finally have a stage to purrform on, complete with lights, sound, and a set-up so the audience can see from any seat in the house. Meet new cast member Neo, as well as all your favorites. These cats even play in a band: The Rock-Cats are a trio of talented felines on drums, guitar and piano.

There is also a video of them on UTube. Cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38IRhxAl-nM

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I agree with Bob--the picture in my head of a tabby cat shooting out of a cannon makes me LAUGH!!!! LOL! :)

I can't wait! :) :)

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Diane said...

I SOOOOOO CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!! :)

 
At 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on earth you managed to find the most perfect picture to post with this story is genius.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

JP: Thank you! I really LOL'd when I came across that pic.
BTW - I simply googled "flying cat" images.

Diane: I'm really excited too! Can't wait.

Bro: Thanks for the preview.

Bob: spitting coffee through the nose in my goal in life. Thanks.

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

O. M. G.

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Elaine Wheat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home