Monday, June 15, 2009

Oink

I'm on a business trip in Springfield for a couple of days.

Strangely enough, there's this fantastic seafood restaurant here. We always eat here during these trips and I always order the Angler's Platter: Shrimp, oysters, scallops, clams, cod -- all batter-fried.
One wouldn't expect to find delicious seafood right smack dab in the absolute middle of the country, about as far away as one could get from either seashore, but it's here.

All the walls of this restaurant are festooned with Abraham Lincoln memorabelia. I think they over-did it just a bit, but after all, this is Springfield.

Mary Todd would have been pleased.

5 Comments:

At 7:45 AM , Blogger Barb said...

So my kidlets want to know if you've seen Bart or Homer anywhere?

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Barb: I totally forgot to keep an eye out for the Simpsons.

I'll be sure to remedy that and keep a camera with me at all times while I'm here.

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Glad you're having fun, Dooder--I miss you!

When are we going to the new Jewel together???? :)

 
At 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you need to .......um.......make those .....who are there...feel bad about.....the food....and .....?????

 
At 12:22 AM , Blogger Speck said...

Oy. I can't believe you ate the whole thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home