Friday, February 08, 2008

Superfood Micronutrient Drink

I’m back at work but I still feel pretty crappy. This flu thing really kicked me in the butt.

I went a little overboard when ordering juices and things from Peapod. I’ve consumed one half-gallon of the Odwalla Superfood Micronutrient Drink and I’ve got three half-gallons to go as well as three half-gallons of carrot juice.

When I ordered all the stuff online, I was feeling soooo horrible. I thought all this healthy stuff would make me better but I didn’t take into account that one can only drink so much of Superfood Micronutrient Drink before one wants to throw it off the balcony.

Do you know what makes it “Superfood” and what the “Micronutrients” are?

No? Okay, I’ll tell you.

It’s spirulina and wheat grass juice.

Spirulina is an dark green algae that’s powdered and produced in Thailand. Wheat grass juice is, well, the juice from wheat grass. It’s also dark green.

So, I’m basically consuming pond scum and juiced lawn clippings. They make it taste good by adding lots of apple juice and mango puree.

The result is a thick, dark, meconium-like green-gray goo. I’ve got a gallon and a half of the stuff to consume.

On the other hand, I was smart enough to order lots of bananas and vanilla yogurt. It goes down pretty good with a Gatorade chaser.

Last night, I did finally feel well enough to set up my new computer which had been sitting in a box for a week. I’m still wondering what to do with the old one. I’ll probably just take it apart and toss it down the trash chute.

It will probably be accompanied by a gallon of the Superfood Micronutrient Drink.

4 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better.

You must have been sick, to allow a new computer to sit in a box for a week.

 
At 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new computer and feel better soon.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

gald you are some what better. I need to let you know, after I read about your flu-- i went out and got a flu shot!

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

JP: I tend to let things sit in boxes a lot anyway.
Mouse: Good girl! I'm glad you were motivated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home