Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Inflation


Holy Crap!

Sea-Monkeys cost $13.95 now. Can you believe this???

I remember filling out the form, folding it around a dollar bill and a quarter, and waiting three months to get my Sea-Monkeys. I was ten years old. Now they're $13.95?

I wonder what happened in our economy, in the supply-and-demand of Sea-Monkeys that would cause this undecapling in price? (an eleven-fold increase)

Is $13.95 equally as accessible to today's ten year-old as a dollar-twenty-five was to me in 1969?

Well, that was forty years ago, after all. But still. . . .

The mama Sea-Monkey still looks like Helen Crump from The Andy Griffith Show and the daddy Sea-Monkey still has his tail strategically placed. Some things never change.

But $13.95??

What a total rip-off.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM , Blogger Bob said...

For $13.95 they better damn well be Flying Sea Monkeys!

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger BlogMarkBlog said...

I wonder how much the x-ray glasses are now... I used to buy everything they sold in the back of comic books.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home