Friday, April 23, 2010

Betty White's Funniest Moment

Who doesn’t love Betty White?

Soon, the 88 year-old grande dame of comedy will be hosting Saturday Night Live and I suspect that will be SNL’s most-watched episode.

I’m sure we all have our favorite Betty White moments. Mine is a rather obscure one from Mary Tyler Moore, but it makes me laugh out very loud every time I see it.

In this scene, Phyllis Lindstrom (Cloris Leachman) confronts Sue Ann Niven (Betty White) over her affair with husband, Lars. At one point, Phyllis purposely ruins Sue Ann’s chocolate soufflé by slamming the oven door on it. I don't know why, but Sue Ann kicking the oven door closed with her knee is, to me, one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Ever.

I can still remember my mom and me howling over this scene when I was fourteen.

I don’t know how Cloris Leachman ever kept a straight face. I really don’t.
(It occurs at the 2:00 minute mark.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:27 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Well there you go again...my all time favorite Betty moment as well. Ah, the Happy Homemaker. Thank you for the gift of seeing it again. Just what I needed on this Friday afternoon!

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Ha ha! Ya' gotta love Betty White!--can't wait to watch her on SNL!! :)

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger andrea said...

I watched the clip before I read your text and laughed out loud at exactly the same moment. So subtle yet so perfect!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home