Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Meeting at the Goose

As you know, Miss Healthypants and I have been checking on our goose family, Gertrude and Stanley, every day now. The planter where she’s laid her eggs is on the river walk, very close to MHP’s apartment building and also to mine.

On Sunday, I made Julia Child’s boeuf bourguignon and wanted to give most of it to MHP and Iwanski. After work yesterday, I was talking to her and arranging a time and place for the bourguignon "drop." I had just gotten off the train and, as usual, she was at a nearby Walgreen’s.

“Should I meet you on the bridge?” she said.

“I’ll meet you at the goose,” I replied.

How many other people can you say, “I’ll meet you at the goose,” and they know exactly what you mean?

I’m really fortunate to have a friend like that. Anyone would be.

Here is Miss Healthypants and Gertrude.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Aww, I'm so fortunate to have you, too, Dooder! :)

And gawd, that beef dish you made was good!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home