Friday, September 11, 2009

Morning Scene - Bennison's Bakery


Every two weeks, I have a meeting in the suburb of Evanston. On the way from the train stop to my meeting place is Bennison's Bakery.

It's been here since 1938 and, oh my goodness, they have the BEST latte ever. I don't know how they do it, but they make Starbuck's coffee taste like counterfeit swill.

Their scones and black & white cookies are really good too.

I hope places like this never go out of business. There's always a line of folks in there, so there seems to be little danger of that.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:55 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Remind me, next time you come to visit, to take you to the Columbia City Bakery. Oh. My. Yord.

 
At 12:32 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Better than the Mexican bakery in your old neighborhood? I doubt it! *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home