Saturday, August 29, 2009

Texas-Bound!

I'm flying down to Texas today for a nine-day visit with family and friends.

(And yes, I'm meeting up with my typing teacher from high school on Monday, and yes, I'm bringing my Dvorak keyboard to show her.)

The thing is, we've had a very cool summer here in Chicago. The high today is supposed to be in the 60s. Take a look at our forecast.
See the pretty blue skies?The other thing is, they've been having an incredibly hot summer in Texas. All-time records have been broken. They're having one of the worst droughts ever.

Check out the forecast for Austin. See the scary blazing skies?

I'm not even sure an airplane should be flying in such heat. It looks like it might just burst into flames as it approaches Texas -- sort of like a spacecraft that gets too close to the sun.

Trust me, I won't be going outside while I'm down there.

At all.

5 Comments:

At 9:10 AM , Blogger f8hasit said...

The extreme change in temperature sounds like a bad cold scenerio for sure...
I wonder how TSA is going to view the transport of your keyboard.
:-)
Enjoy your visit!

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That's too hot even for me!

Enjoy the air conditioning! :)

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

Have fun! BTW, we went to visit the monastery today and had a lovely time. They have a lovely church and we got to go to noonday prayers.

 
At 1:42 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

Austin is cool compared to West...it's been 103 here for weeks, with heat index of 108...them folks in Austin are a bunch of light weights...

 
At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer is clearly ending around here, after never really arriving. I need to endure some heat before I can be sick of it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home