Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Need a Weekend

I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a weekend as much as I am now. I really need a weekend. Bad.

I had a great time during my visit home to Texas. Family and friends are all doing great. But nine days is a long time to be away from one’s familiar surroundings. That would have been okay but for the fact that I had to turn right around and drive to Springfield the very next morning for work-related stuff. And it was wayyy stressful work-related stuff, too.

Now I’m back and really really really looking forward to doing things in familiar surroundings for a whole weekend.

I’m looking forward to the following:

Sleeping until the crack of noon on Saturday.

Going shopping at my grocery store. I need watermelon, corn and parsnips.

Going shopping at the Bed, Bath, and Beyond next to my grocery store. I need new pillows. Mine now have the firmness of a rotten, fetid cantaloupe.

My morning routine on Sunday which consists of (1) Starbucks (2) Church choir (3) Shopping at Trader Joe’s. All three are in the same block which, frankly, is a slice of heaven.

Go to the Sears Tower to stand in the new glass sky-box. I’ve wanted to do that since it opened but places like the Sears Tower are inundated with tourists during the summer. Maybe they’ve subsided now that their kids are busy sloughing off in school while their parents are busy shielding them from President Obama’s speech -- in which he invokes them to do well in school.

So, that’s what I want to do this weekend – the glorious, lazy weekend.

All those sound like great endeavors. But the truth is that I’ll probably just watch Tivo and play typing games.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

some where in there you need to squeeze in a bowl of blue bell vanilla and a dubling dr pepper

 
At 11:00 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Don't underestimate the stress-relieving power of Tivo. *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home