Friday, March 27, 2009

Movin' On

Here’s some news for you.

Soon, I will be moving out of my apartment on the 49th floor of Marina Towers. The one with the Balcony of Terror.

I have this neighbor next to me who goes on these chain-smoking binges. Of course, she has the right to do what she wants in her own apartment, but her smoke comes into my apartment through the ventilation system that we both share.

I’ve spoken to my landlord over and over about it. They’ve done some half-assed attempts at remedying the situation, but nothing’s really worked.

So, I’m moving out in May when my lease is up. I’ll have no more view from the 49th floor of the West Tower.

Because . . . .

I’ll have an even better view from the 50th floor of Marina Towers.

An apartment on the 50th floor of the East Tower just became available and the owner is willing to hold it for two months until my lease is up. I am SO excited because this new apartment has an even better view than the one I’m in.

And I won’t have to give up any of the retro-appeal either. The 50th floor apartment has the same yellow metal cabinets in the kitchen along with a harvest-gold fridge and stove. The stove even has those bush-buttons on it for each burner. I remember those in the house we lived in when I was 7 years old.

Even more retro-kitsch is the bathroom - - the bathtub and toilet are pink. I’ll have a pink potty!

For those of you who have been to my place at Marina Towers (and you know who you are), my new place will be in East Tower and it faces due north. So, I’ll have that wide, expansive view to the north along with a full view of the John Hancock tower and even a bit of the lake view as well.

This apartment will have a Balcony of Even More Terror for JP.

Of course, I’ve got the theme to The Jeffersons running through my head right now. ‘Cause I really am movin’ on up to the East side.

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

*smiles* I still can't believe you'll have a PINK bathroom. :)

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

But wait! What happens to my favorite view? Will you still see the river? And what about the whole two-condos-connected-by-a-spiral-staircase plan?

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

That is great news! And now you can be a card-carrying member of
http://savethepinkbathrooms.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home