Sunday, February 01, 2009

Illinois Trip

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm getting ready for my round-the-state tour of Illinois to visit my staff members.

I'll clock 900 miles during the next week and, actually, I'm looking forward to it. You see, I'll only be in a meeting for two hours with each of the six staff members, but will be traversing the bleak, winter-swept countryside of Illinois by myself the rest of the time.

Just me and my iPod and my rental car.

For someone who's basically an introvert, that's a slice of heaven.

I'll be leaving Chicago in the morning, heading to Champaign, then to Mt. Vernon, to Belleville, Bloomington, Sterling, and Freeport, then home.

I've discovered that I like Hampton Inn Suites to stay in and (I'll admit this, too) I really really like Denny's to eat in. Their grilled chicken salad with a big glass of tomato juice just rocks my world.

It should be a fun week.

5 Comments:

At 2:36 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Safe travels Buck! Cannot wait to hear all about your adventures. Mmm...Denny's ;)

 
At 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Hampton Inns, too. Especially when they are new, like the one in Decatur, Texas that I stayed in to get off the icy roads.

Have a safe trip and I hope you don't meet up with any ice storms.

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Drive safely and drink a glass of tomato juice for me!

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Sounds like some exciting places to visit! *smiles*

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Dooder! :)

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Barb said...

Drive carefully and oh, Denny's ~ it's always the "super bird" for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home