Saturday, December 27, 2008

The No. 5 Washtub

I'm still going through old photographs and scanning them while I'm visiting my parents.

Anyway, a while back, dear Speck over at Worms Puppies Barbecue mentioned a No. 5 washtub and inquired if anyone knew what one was.

I sure did. My grandmother in Texas kept several of them around for us kids when we'd visit.

You see, back in the day before air conditioning, a washtub was the perfect way for a kid to cool off in the hot humid weather of the South. Grandma would appear with washtubs, plop them in the back yard and a stripped-down kid would have a ball, splashing around in the cool water from the garden hose.

So, here is proof of my No. 5 washtub heritage. I'm the one holding the hose, accompanied by my brother and cousins.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Too cute! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home