Thursday, December 25, 2008

While at O'Hare. . .

This morning while I was waiting for my flight to Houston, the plane was about to board and I heard the following announcement:

"Passenger Buckner Wheat, please report to the customer service desk. . . "

. . . Ruh roh. . .


It was good news, actually.

It turns out that there was a family that wanted to sit together. I guess the airplane people figured out that I was a poor schmuck traveling alone on Christmas day and wouldn't mind being shuffled to another seat.

The good news was that the other seat to which they wanted to shuffle me was in the emergency row.

I've always preferred the emergency row until the greedy airplane people started charging ninety dollars extra for those seats with the extra leg room. I guess no one was buying those extra special seats anymore and now the airplane people wanted to put me there.

Ha!

Of course I obliged. I love the emergency row because:
1. I'm 6'3" and need the extra leg room
2. If the airplane falls to the ground in a firey crash, I'll be the first one to leap to safety.

Actually, I would have gladly been shuffled to any seat on the plane so that a family could sit together. Families should be together on a flight especially if little ones are involved. And especially on Christmas day.

I'll be with mine soon enough.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Blogger Elaine Wheat said...

I'm glad you're home!

MA

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Merry Day After Christmas, BUCKNER!! *grin*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home