Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Homeward Bound

I’ll be flying home to Texas for Christmas on Christmas Day. I’m really looking forward to it, as my new rolling garment bag will have its inaugural trip. I have to admit that I get very excited over new luggage. I don’t know why.

I also have to admit that I’ll miss the winter weather we’ve been having here in Chicago. It’s supposed to be 78 degrees in south Texas on Christmas day.

That’s just wrong.

My flight will take me to Houston on a regular-sized airplane. By “regular-sized” I mean one big enough on which one may obtain a bloody mary if you so desire.

In Houston, I will traverse Continental Airline’s Terminal C which is actually larger than Houston itself. Then I'll take a shuttle-thing to Continental Airline’s Terminal B-5ZX-R-2.5 where the mini-sized airplanes are located.

By “mini-sized” I mean one small enough so that the pilot can reach back and swat at unruly passengers, much like mom would do to my brother and me when we were little.

The mini-airplane will take me, if I’m lucky, to my little bitty home town which is located halfway between Houston and Corpus Christi Texas. You know, where the Texas Gulf Coast sort of curves downward toward Mexico, that nation that buffers Texans from most hurricanes each summer.

There used to be about four or five flights from Houston to my little-bitty home town. Now, Continental Airlines has whittled it down to only one daily flight. If you miss that connection, you’re pretty much stuck in Houston until Memorial Day.

I’m really wondering what they do with the mini-plane once it lands in my little bitty home town. The next flight back to Houston isn’t until 6:20 AM the next morning. Does the pilot have to stay there? Does the mini-plane just remain next to the mini-terminal overnight?

These are questions that I must find the answers to when I get down there.

Anyway, I will be in the Frito Pie Crescent for nine days and I’m looking forward to it.

The best thing about flying into the little bitty airport is seeing my mom’s face against the glass as I look out of the window of the airplane. I hope everyone has someone whose face is against the glass upon their arrival.

Oh, and I also enjoy the cows scurrying to get off the runway.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

The Frito Pie Crescent!--LOL! :) I also love the pic of the little bitty airplane. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home