Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wild Saturday Nights

Today, I saw that one of my favorite comedians, Mike Birbiglia, is coming to Chicago.
I really like his stuff and was excited over the possibility of seeing him live, in person.

(A link to his blog is down on the right, titled “Mike Birbiglia’s Secret Public Journal).

Now, my days of going out on a Saturday night to a comedy club are few and far between these days. Quite frankly, my days of going anywhere in general are getting pretty sporadic.

Grocery shopping seems to be a major effort. I keep fighting the temptation to just have Pea Pod deliver everything.

But when I saw that one of my favorite comedians was coming to town, you’d think that the first thing I’d do would be to leap online and buy tickets. . .

. . . But no. . . The first thing I did was to leap online to see if the theatre was conveniently located. The location would be the deciding factor.

Oh, that is so sad!

It didn’t matter anyway. He’s only going to be here on October 4, and I’ll be jaunting off to Seattle to see Lorraine and family that weekend.

Maybe I’m not over the hill after all. . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:24 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

You are SO over the hill! *hee hee*

OF COURSE I'm kidding!--you are MUCH younger than your age! *smiles*

 
At 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you are still in your early 40's - you are not yet over the hill.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home