Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Crunched

I have to tell you, this deal with the Crunch Fitness in my building closing down may be the best thing that has ever happened.

I’ve been bringing my gym clothes with me to work in a real actuall duffel bag and hitting the gym before I go home.

I’m actually working out every weekday. I’ve never done that before.

Never. Ever.

Then, when I get home, the work-out is done and over with. When the Crunch Fitness was located in my building, I’d come home, turn on the TV and the gym down below would be hanging over me the whole evening.

Not anymore. No more guilt. I love it.

Yesterday, I hit the gym and did 20 whole minutes on the stair-master/torture-machine. Then, I did some upper body stuff. Then, a power-yoga class was starting at 6:30 and I thought I’d watch. The instructor was ever so nice and told me that it was actually power-yoga for beginners, so I joined in.

I haven’t done any yoga in about 12 years, but this old body could still bend pretty well. We began with the Baby Pose. However, my gut was kind of in the way so I had to push my ankles out to the side. Subsequently, my Baby Pose sort of became a Turtle Pose.

I could still do the Downward Dog pretty well, but my arms were pretty worn out from the aforementioned work-out. But hey, I could bend forward with my knees straight and place my palms flat on the floor, touching my nose to my knees. Pretty good for an old guy, huh?

I did a whole hour of power-yoga. Soon after I got home, the storm of the century hit and I had to walk down 49 floors to the safety of the lobby.

I don’t know if I’ll ever move again.

Ever.

3 Comments:

At 11:51 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! I think you'll survive. *smiles*

 
At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...with this storm...at least you still had power. Right?

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Good on you. What storm? (I've had my head in the sand all week).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home