Tuesday, August 05, 2008

See? I wasn't exaggerating

In my previous post about the storms in Chicago last night, I mentioned how a bunch of us were climbing down the stairs as the storm was hitting. (I walked down 49 floors – oww). I remember speaking to this one woman who said they had been on the roof of our building (Marina Towers) watching the storms come in. She also mentioned that one young woman almost got blown off the roof.

Here’s an article about the storms from the Associated Press. And here’s a quote:

Kristin Febor, 21, watched the rain approach from the roof of the Marina Towers high-rise in downtown Chicago.

"The wind picked up and in probably five seconds it blew (my friend) into her husband," she said. "He grabbed her and pulled her inside and we all ran down the stairs. It was like dead still and then within five seconds, 10 seconds we were all blown away."

See? And my apartment faces west, right in the path of the incoming storms. It was so scary with those tornado sirens wailing. That’s why I huddled in the safety of my bathroom with my laptop when the second wave of storms came through.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dude, I tried calling your cell phone like 5 times during the storm--I wanted to make sure you were okay! :)

The tornado sirens were totally freaky--never heard that before downtown!

Glad you're okay! :)

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why were you in the bathroom? You should have left a long time before....why?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home