Friday, August 01, 2008

Crunch Fitness, R.I.P.

Oh, it was so sad last night.

My beloved gym, Crunch Fitness at Marina City, closed its doors forever at 11 pm on July 31st. I cannot tell how convenient it was to have a Crunch located in the lobby of my apartment building.

I went to work out at 10:20 pm for one last time. All the merchandise was gone. There was a big sign telling us which Crunch was taking over which classes. Even the disco music sounded forlorn.

It was so sad!

I feel like my neighborhood parish has closed its doors and all of the faithful have been cast to the wind.

We were now refugees, floundering aimlessly without a helm.

Well, today, I packed my new duffel bag with gym attire and will venture into the unknown waters of another Crunch facility. This one is five blocks from my apartment – Oh, the humanity!

I’ve decided to try going there straight from work. I know if I go home, Tivo will beckon and it’ll be all over with after that. There’ll be no way I’d get up off the sofa and walk five whole blocks to work out.

Maybe this new routine might just be a good thing. I’m a little nervous, though, about going to a whole new gym. There’s always the possibility that I’ll look like a dork.

4 Comments:

At 6:16 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Now, how could you look like a dork? Puleeze.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dude, a little birdie told me you actually really enjoyed it! *hee hee*

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Barb said...

Kudos for even thinking about making the effort. I guess I really need to get off my butt!

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Lorraine: When you sit backwards on an exercise machine for a whole month before realizing you're backwards, it says "Dork!"

Yes, MHP. I enjoyed it. For all the wrong reasons. WAY wrong.

Barb: I don't know how anyone with a family gets to go to the gym. I really don't.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home