Wednesday, May 07, 2008

This is Yummy. . .

I really enjoy it when bloggers post recipes or ideas about food. Lorraine and Kimberly Ann are wonderful food bloggers and I just love their stuff.

So, here is my nifty little recipe for fruit sorbet.

Take a bowl of Costco’s frozen tropical fruit. (It contains pineapple, mango, papaya and strawberries). Nuke it for about 30 seconds to soften it a little. Then blitz it in the food processor with the juice of half a lime and 2 Tbs of sugar. (You may need to add a couple of tablespoons of water to get it going).

Ta-dahhh. Yeah, it looks like salmon mousse, but it's the best frozen sorbet you've ever tasted; better than you could ever buy.

Warning: Do not use Sweet-n-Low or any sugar substitute containing saccharin. For some reason, saccharin reacts with frozen pineapple, making the whole thing incredibly bitter.

I don't know about sweeteners like Equal that contain aspartame because I'm too cheap to buy Equal. Also, I actually like that bitter, artificial taste of Sweet-n-Low in my coffee because, hello, I grew up in the Sixties. Bitter and artificial works for me.

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Aren't you a clever boy?

I do not enjoy the artificial sweeteners of any sort.

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger John said...

Thats sure does sound delicious Darlin'. Tonight I'm a makin' grilled cheeze sandwiches usin' my fav-o-rite cheeze-like food product, Veleeta! Now that's somethin' to write about!

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

I use light corn syrup!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home