Sunday, December 02, 2007

Speed Scrabble in Effingham

It’s Sunday night and I’m playing with myself at a hotel in Effingham, Illinois.
Speed Scrabble, that is.

I’m at another conference for three days and we just got through with dinner.

Remember how Lorriane got me addicted to Speed Scrabble while I was in Seattle last week? Well, I’ve wanted to buy a Scrabble set since I returned but haven’t had the time to venture out to a store that sold them.

Then, I drove to Effingham today for the conference and there was a Wal-Mart across the street from the Holiday Inn where I’m staying. Right after dinner, I scurried across the street and bought a Scrabble set.

No, that's not true. . . .
. . . I bought two of them so I could keep one with Iwanski and Miss Healthypants. (I need to share my addiction after all).

But look how cleverly I managed to arrange my letters.

I’m playing Speed Scrabble by myself, all alone in a Holiday Inn in Effingham.

That’s so sad!

I miss Lorraine.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:37 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Buckums...that's the saddest thing EVER!

'k, actually, little starving children just about anywhere is sadder but running a close second is you playing Speed Scrabble by yourself in effing Effingham.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Doncha feel sorry for me?

Apparently, when you play with yourself, all you can come up with are three letter words.
So sad. . .

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

awwwww

 
At 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Buck,

I say, keep playing with yourself - and mix it up by only using four letter words - I can think of a few...

xo nayb

 
At 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....I love scrabble . . . and always ...or most of time win. It is a great game and I have the great Scrabble Edition. Murphy's Dad.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

I'm gettin' a free Scrabble game?

Cha-ching!

 
At 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cha-ching is right! *hee hee* I even like to play regular scrabble!

Dooder, I will totally play speed scrabble with you very soon!! *smiles*

Love,

MHP :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home