Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Playing with myself

I know Lorraine and I have both written about playing countless games of Speed Scrabble. I've blamed her for getting me addicted to it.

Here are the rules to Speed Scrabble. Note the part that says, "the game is addictive and sessions of many hours are not unusual!"

See???

That fact is confirmed on a website.
We weren't just being a couple of lame snurds.

(Okay, "snurd" is now a legitimate word one can use)

Oh, and it also says that playing with fewer than four players simply does not work. That is SO not true.

I have to admit that when Lorraine wasn't around to play, I would play with myself. But she would usually catch me doing that, pour a cup of coffee, and join in.

It's that addictive.

If you ever hear of SSA meetings (Speed Scrabblers Anonymous), I will have probably been the founder.

I have to go to a conference next week. I'm definitely taking along a Scabble set so I can play with myself in my hotel room.

I think I might be going blind.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Ha!

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

I'm going out to get a new scrabble set now, because my old set is missing way too many tiles (stolen for jewelry, don't ask).

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So, FYI, my boss back in 1976, his daughter, and I invented Speed Scrabble, only we play it differently. You turn the tiles upside down, but you take turns drawing until all the tiles are divided evenly. In some cases, that means a tile or two is leftover, and is not used. Someone says "go", and you flip all your tiles over (I got really good at stacking all my tiles in two stacks and flipping them at once) and start making your own crossword puzzles. The first person to use all their tiles yells "stop!" and everyone has to stop immediately. You get bonus points for being the first one done, and bonus points for various length words over 5 letters. If you weren't the first one done, the points of the letters you didn't use count against you. We would play for hours on end...and I was undefeated. My boss used to say that just hearing me moving the tiles around as fast as I did made him so nervous he couldn't concentrate on making words. :) It was a blast! I should have patented the idea...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home