Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Really cool buses

I was fascinated by the buses in Seattle, almost all of which are powered by overhead electric wires. Subsequently, they're very quiet and environmentally friendly.

It also makes it impossible for a bus driver to hijack a bus. (I hate it when that happens here in Chicago)

Another thing that surprised me about Seattle is how hilly it is. Up and down, up and down. Everywhere.

And another thing. We've often heard that it rains all the time in Seattle. I didn't see one single raindrop the entire time I was there. Not one.

I just love these buses.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Technically not all the buses are Electric (Which are called Trollys BTW) Only the ones that run downtown and are not express buses. There are groovy hybrids that are diesel for the highways and elecric when they come downtown for the tunnel

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

That would be Mr. Correcty Correcterson.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Trolleys go "ding-ding". These did not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home