Saturday, November 24, 2007

Seattley Stuff




Okay. Today, Lorraine was such a sweetheart and took me on THE quintessential Seattle tour.

We had coffee at the original Starbucks. For me, that's like completing a pilgrimage to Mecca.
Then, while at Pike Place Market, I was agog over the fact that fresh, live oysters were only five bucks a dozen. I bought two dozen.
Here we are with the city at our feet.


Lorraine and The Spouse procured a huge salmon. Hollandaise sauce and chanterelles will join it.

And tonight, The Neighbor is joining us for dinner. I literally got tears in my eyes when Lorraine mentioned that she has Prosecco (Italian champagne) to go with the oysters on the half shell.

Tomorrow after mass, The Child and I will go ice skating and will also be riding the roller coaster by the Space Needle.

It doesn't get more Seattley than that.

6 Comments:

At 10:28 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Nope, sure doesn't. I'm so glad you're here!

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

well-- at least SOMEONE let us in on what is going on out there!

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Cheap oysters and cool, damp weather?

Don't tell MHP, but we're moving there.

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl said...

Hey wait...I thought The Spouse was going to make you my family's recipe for enchiladas on Saturday! Hope the oyesters and salmon were heavenly.

Glad to meet you at the B's on Friday night, and I apologize for our unceremonious departure...the space got too tight, we got too wiped out. Hope you had a blast!

ENJOY the rest of your trip in Seattle! Can't wait to have you back again!

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Ready to move here yet?

 
At 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you and the Iwanski's are moving to Seattle then I'm definitely moving too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home