Monday, March 12, 2007

Shopping at warp speed

Having to supply myself with an entire New Wardrobe for my New Job, I decided to check out Men's Wearhouse because I figured they would have people there to select things for a fashion-dolt like me.

I was prepared to have to schlep out to the suburbs because, apparently, that's where most people live and where they buy things. I wasn't looking forward to figuring out which subway+commuter train+bus to take to get there so I hesitantly looked up the website to Men's Wearhouse and clicked on "store locater."

There was one four blocks from my apartment on the same street I live on. Who knew?

So, I go in there and tell the nice sales person my situation (that I needed a new wardrobe for work) and that I hadn't bought a new suit in about twenty years. I also said that I hadn't started my new job just yet, so things couldn't get completely out of hand, money wise.

Then I said, "Do me." (see previous post)

Two of them kicked into high gear and selected some really nice things. I got a new suit, a blazer, a jacket, a shirt, navy pants, black pants, a tie pin, got the clothing marked for alterations by a very effeminate elderly Asian man, paid, and was back home in less than an hour!

That's
the way I like to shop.

Now all that's left to do before beginning my New Job is to go pee in a cup for a drug screen. Unless generic milk of magnesia is a prohibited substance, I should be good to go.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Peeing in a cup. Consult JP.

Where are pictures of the new threads? I wanna see 'em NOW.

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger John said...

Darlin', this here new job stuff is all so excitin'! Good luck to y'all!

 
At 12:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing for your test you'll be given the luxury of privacy, so you'll be fine. If not, think about waterfalls.

Thank God we're still business casual. Blue jeans, and if the shirt has a collar I'm good to go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home