Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oh Stewardess, I Speak Jive . . .

Barbara Billingsley, one of TV's most famous moms, recently passed away at the age of 94.

"I am deeply saddened by the loss of my dear friend and lifetime mentor Barbara Billingsley,"  Jerry Mathers, who played Beaver on the sitcom, said in a statement.
"She will live in the hearts of her fans as a wonderful actress and be remembered by her friends as a gracious lady. Barbara was a patient advisor and teacher. She helped me along this challenging journey through life by showing me the importance of manners, and respect for others. She will be deeply missed by all of her family, friends, fans and most especially by me."

As you can recall, many of June Cleaver's lines began with, "Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver . . . "

But perhaps her most famous scene was in the 1980 spoof, Airplane! which began with, "Oh stewardess, I speak jive. . . "

I've always thought it was one of the most brilliant scenes in comedy. So, here you go:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That is an awesome scene, it really is. :)

 
At 12:19 AM , Blogger Barb said...

That whole movie was awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home