Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Ledge

Today, I took some out-of-town guests sightseeing around Chicago. It was a beautiful, clear day so, of course, we went to the top of the Sears Tower. (Yes, it really is called the Willis Tower now, I know.)

Here is a pretty picture from the top. See? What a gorgeous day.

There’s a new feature at the top called “The Ledge” which is a glass box that hangs out over the side. Yes, you are actually standing on glass, 103 floors up. I thought it would be exciting and I’ve been wanting to experience this thing since it opened last year.

I began recording it with my video camera. I walked up to the edge of the glass. A huge wave of adrenaline shot through me - - and I couldn’t do it!

It was really one of the most intense experiences I’ve ever gone through. Words cannot explain how frightening this thing is. (And I’m not afraid of heights.)

The friend I was with said I was incredible pale. I don’t doubt it. I felt pale.

Here is the video of my attempt:



Well, after a few more attempts, I finally got out on The Ledge. I really did it. For twenty bucks, they will even take your photo of you and your friends. So here we are, 1,400 feet up, standing on glass.


I can't wait to do it again.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:46 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I can't believe you finally did it! *smiles* I don't think I could.

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I did, however, do 90 minutes of exercise in the hot sun this morning--I bet you couldn't do that! :) :)

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Barb said...

I "so" wanna do that! Looks pretty hairy though!

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Barb said...

I "so" wanna do that! Looks pretty hairy though!

 
At 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ledge of TERROR?

Glass Box of TERROR?

I just threw up.

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Mom said...

There is no way way i would ever stand on a piece of glass that far up! i would be paralyzed with fear. i am so proud of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home