Friday, December 18, 2009

The Employee Potluck

We just had a “potluck” lunch at work. They’re fun, but certainly not the most healthy way to go.

I’ve noticed two things that always happen at these workplace potlucks:

1. There are way too many desserts

2. Staff members bring casseroles that need to be heated up in the tiny break-room microwave. They each take 40 minutes to heat up, thus causing casseroles to be stacked up like airliners in a holding pattern over O’Hare.

Arrivals are, thus, full of tension and never on time.

Today, I brought chipotle potato salad. Against my better judgement, it was a Rachel Ray recipe; and although her creations sound good, they’re all . . .well . . . careless and tasteless slop.

I didn’t get any compliments and so, for all intents and purposes, the employee potluck was a HUGE failure as far as I’m concerned. It’s all Rachel Ray’s fault, of course.

I think one person forgot it was potluck day – and they brought two sacks of White Castle burgers. How freaking lazy can you get?

Anyway, here’s what I had for lunch at the potluck:

2 White Castle burgers (I LOVE White Castle burgers)
Mac & Cheese
Chips & salsa
3 slices of fancy cheese
1 pot sticker (again, confirming the fact that I don’t like pot stickers)
Carrot sticks & hummus
Handful of Puppy Chow

I’ve never had Puppy Chow before but it’s terrific stuff. It would be a big hit at any holiday gathering, especially with the little ones.

I’m going to see if there are anymore White Castles left. . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Watching "Hoarders" has ruined potlucks for me. I look at a homemade casserole and automatically wonder if a mousie dribbled peepee across the kitchen counter where the dish was prepared. (Not your kitchen counter of course.) At least with fast-food joints the Health Inspector stops by every now and again.

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I can't believe you've never had Puppy Chow before! YUMMY! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home