Monday, August 31, 2009

THIS is Texas

My dad has always enjoyed building things and has always been very creative with his skills. Growing up, my brother and I were continually supplied with an array of back-yard inventions to play on.

Here's dad's latest creation. It's a backyard barbeque / cooker made from a disc harrow plow.

It has an adjustable grate to grill things on and an adjustable metal arm where you can hang a kettle.

You don't get much more Texan than this. . . .You just don't.

5 Comments:

At 10:20 AM , Blogger f8hasit said...

I want one.
That's awesome!
:-)

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i heart your dad

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Grish said...

That's pretty sweet looking.

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger Speck said...

I studied these photos up-close and personal and decided I am in love with your dad. It is artistic, design, and engineering brilliance.

Dad, if you're reading this, big hugs from Arkansas! Squeee! <--(joyful girly noise)

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Too cool! Your Dad is very creative. :)

So how's things down there in hot hot Texas?? :) I miss you, Dooder!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home