Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Uncle Buck's Raging Relish



I actually developed a product and there’s a store in Chicago that has agreed to sell it. I have a contract and everything.

Uncle Buck’s Raging Relish is the culmination of lots of testing, tweaking, and re-testing until I finally got it right. It’s a unique sweet relish made from jalapenos, onions and smoky chipotle peppers. Lots of friends and family members have tried it, provided feedback and it’s been met with really good reviews. It’s really good on nachos, a grilled cheese sandwich on rice and beans, hot dogs . . .

The employees at the retail store in downtown Chicago liked it too. And, like I said, I have a contract.

But before I go into all that, I have to give a huge note of thanks to dear Speck for designing this label and logo and even naming the product. Creativity like hers leaves me astounded. Isn’t that label incredible? I just love it.

Back to the contract. I have to attach lots of other documents to the contract. I have to show proof that the product was prepared in a licensed kitchen. I found one that I can rent by the hour, but I have to have a sanitation license and liability insurance in order to use it. Check.

In order for the store to sell it, I have to have a state tax license and federal tax i.d. Then I have to register a company name and have a website.

If all goes well, this product will be on the shelves by October. And you’ll be able to order it online too.

Takes a deep breath. . . .

5 Comments:

At 1:44 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Hot damn, honey! That's just a little too awesome for words!

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

Wow! This is great--and best of luck to you.

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Are you really doing it this time???? :)

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

well shucks sugar..i want some of that when it comes out.
if it's that good maybe you can sell it in texas..would go great with rocky road blue bell ice cream

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger Speck said...

Yay! Bill Gates Jr. strikes out into the world of international marketing. Don't forget us when you're rich and famous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home