Thursday, July 06, 2006

Raised from the Dead

Perhaps that's a bit dramatic, but I am feeling better and went back to work today after seeing my doctor. If anyone you know gets the shingles, you have my unalloyed permission to feel really sorry for them.

It also made me really appreciate the fact that I have medical insurance. Sitting in the emergency room with a temperature of 103 and counting the moments until a doctor could provide some relief is just about the most unpleasant thing I've been through in a long time. (I only had to wait 20 minutes). I cannot imagine having to go to a public hospital and wait for six hours in that condition, or worse, have a child who would have to suffer that long.

If I were King of the U.S., I'd mandate that all insurance CEO's, medical lobbyists, and George Bush be required to spend six hours in a public hospital waiting room with a temperature of 103 (give 'em diahrrea, too). We'd have Universal Health Care in no time.

Hey, on the bright side, I lost seven pounds. I should write a diet book.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, dooder!! :)

Now I'm sick today (whine!)...

Love,

Poodle :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home