Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sick Puppy

Yes, it turns out I really was sick. Saturday morning, about 1:00 am, I awoke with really bad chills. During the next hour, the fever went from 101 to 103. At that point, I hauled myself into a cab to the nearest emergency room. I really felt terrible. Still do.

Whine. . .

Ready for this? I've got a case of the shingles. That's what the pain on the side of my face was. I saw four doctors at the emergency room, was given an anti-viral Rx and something for the pain. I woke The Healthypants up in the middle of the night just to let someone know where I was.

So, I'm stocked up with lots of Progresso clam chowder, minestrone, and I made a pot of split pea soup. Talk about comfort food . . .

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'll post more about the Texas trip with some really funny pics when I feel better.

Whine . . .

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Feel better, amigo.

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Omigosh...shingles! You whine all you want there, Mr. Man. That sucks. Hope you feel better sooooon.

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Hey, listen - been there - done that... seriously... I feel for you... OUCH!!

I hope, I hope, I hope you feel better soon dude!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home