Friday, February 17, 2012

Julia Child

I realize I haven't been blogging much lately, but there's a reason for that.

Recently, I entered a contest of sorts in which 24 food bloggers would be selected to prepare an "over the top" meal and blog about it -- and I was selected. So, my attention has been directed toward my Julia Child blog lately. My meal will feature recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking and the title of the blog coverage will be, Mastering the Joy of Julia. It will take place on February 25 and will feature the following menu:

Amuse Bouche: Beluga caviar, Stolichnaya vodka

Appetizer: Pâté de Canard en Croûte -- the infamous boned, stuffed duck in pastry featured in the movie, Julie and Julia.
Wine: An Uruguayan sparkling red. 

Soup: Soupe a l'Oignon -- French onion soup.
Wine: 2010 Bin 36 Monterey Chardonnay

Entree: Sauté de Boeuf à la Parisienne -- beef filet with mushrooms in a port and cream sauce.

Sides: Asparagus with beurre blanc, pommes Parisienne, petit choux au fromage. 

Wine: 2009 Domaine Chêne Bourgogne Pinot Noir

Dessert: Bavarois aux Praline -- Almond praline Bavarian cream. 

Liqueur: Sortilège -- A maple syrup and whiskey liqueur
 
I'm already in preparation. For this meal, I'll need a quart of heavy cream, at least two pounds of butter and fourteen egg yolks. 

And a defibrillator.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home