Monday, June 06, 2011

New Luggage

When one travels as much as I do for work, having the perfect piece of luggage can make you exceedingly happy. (And no, I don't get to travel to anyplace exciting. In two weeks, I'm off to Peoria once again.)

I often have to wear a suit during my travels, so it's necessary to have a garment bag. I bought a rolling garment bag a few years ago and got pretty thrilled over that. That is, until the telescoping handle wouldn't telescope down anymore and I couldn't take it on airplanes.

I'm a guy, so I don't need much in the way of luggage. A suit, a pair of cargo pants, couple of shirts, socks. I've been known to stuff clean underpants in my laptop case.

So, the garment bag was a bit "much". What to do?

A friend of mine called me with the solution. (She was as excited as I am now.)

Lookie here at my new piece of luggage.


First of all, it will fit on the airplane as a carry-on. That's nice.

Next, it's a pretty color of blue. That's a HUGE prerequisite for me with just about everything I own. It has to be blue.

See? It opens up and has lots of room and pockets for things.


No more underpants popping out of my laptop case during presentations in Springfield.

But wait! Are you ready for this?

The inner lining of the top is also a garment bag!
Oh. My. GOD!

My suit fits perfectly.

And it is expandable, so you can fit lots more stuff in there. A small child, perhaps.

If you want one of these (they also come in black) you can order it here from Amazon.

For those of you who know me, you know I can't stand having anything superfluous in my apartment. I'm the opposite of a hoarder. So, my old garment bag and my carry-on have already been placed in the stairwell of my apartment building.

The maintenance guy will take them away if someone else doesn't.

Man, I can't wait for my trip to Peoria now!

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM , Blogger Bob said...

It is The Little Things, isn't it.

And it looks like a cool suitcase. I may have to get one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home