Friday, March 26, 2010

L O L

I think people use the term "LOL" way too much when writing emails or texting. I mean, how often does someone really laugh out loud? A giggle, sure. A chortle here and there, yes. Even laughing is common, but out loud? Loud?

I did today. I was eating my lunch in my office at work, and I let out a real, loud burst of laughter when I saw the following headline from The Onion:

Stouffers to Include Suicide Prevention Tips on Single-Serve Microwaveable Meals

Really. I may have caused a disturbance at my work place when I saw that.  I was laughing and it was loud.

Here's the news report from The Onion.

Get ready to laugh out loud. Really.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

For me the best part was the sign off about Kashi's new packaging. And I did LOL.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

We have gone international. LOL IS used way too much. This year we are hosting a young exchange student from Thailand. (Are you giving tours???) Any who In Thai, the number 5 is said as "HA". So in Thai they don’t say LOL they say 5555! Much more accurate!
BTW, great story!

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I watched this last night--too funny! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home